12.31.2009

Year in Review: 2009

1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
I went to the beach by myself at 6:30 a.m. this summer. It was a peaceful experience until I ran into my thoughts and realized how weird I am.

I also wrote, directed and edited a short film. Shout out to my production crew, my girlfriend (who was my ex-girlfriend when I made the film but came back after I wooed her with my charms), Lionel Richie, The Cosby Show and cheaters across the globe. Each of you inspired that project.

2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions?
Hells nah. My new year's resolution was to get in shape and update my blog more. I make this resolution ever year and I never succeed. This has to change for real in 2010. I haven't been this fat since I was 15. And if you knew me when I was 15, you know it ain't a good look.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Kuya Jun and Ate Audra welcomed Sean Evan to the world, Kuya War and Dream became the proud parents of Anthony James, and Kuya Pogz and Jas proved that miracles do happen when they introduced Damon and Danica to us. The Riemers, Guzmans and Abutins also welcomed beautiful new additions to their families. Way to put it down on your wives, fellas! The condom industry is extremely pissed off at you though.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
We lost the King of Pop this year. Michael Jackson had hits for days and I loved him despite his ghoulish appearance. No disrespect. I'm just sayin'. And please forgive me for watching "This Is It" on bootleg.

5. What countries did you visit?
The closest I got to visiting a country was watching "Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern," and "Dhani Tackles the Globe." These shows earned Travel HD the Waltonesque award for "Channel of the Year."


6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
A job would be nice. Whether it be hand, blow, retail or office. (Clever, huh)?

7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory?
Dec. 5 - Nanay Pining's 85th birthday at the Embassy Suites in Anaheim. With all that she's been through in the last 85 years, she's still the strongest and most beautiful woman on earth.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Graduating from CSUSB. Go 'Yotes!

9. What was your biggest failure?
Throwing up on a new pair of Vans at my graduation party and then passing out. #fail

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I contracted cellulitis via an insect bite on my left knee. Thoughts of living with an amputated leg crossed my mind several times while I waited for the doctor to diagnose me.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Hanes v-necks . I'd be walkin' around shirtless if it weren't for those.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I gots to give it up to my boy Rea. (No homo). Thanks for paying for my broke ass in Vegas and SD man. I'll get you back some day. Even if I have to sell my plasma or call that number in the Cash for Gold commercial.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Mine, every time I stepped on the court in a Pac Rim game. Sorry, Aces.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Food and booze. How I managed to spend two grand in four months still baffles me. Maybe that was my biggest failure of 2009.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
EnDREtourage outings. We partook in some wild adventures together (well, wild by our standards) that probably won't happen again. "D&G. Duh!"

16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
"You Belong With Me" by Taylor Swift. Kanye West deserves a fruit basket for interrupting her VMA acceptance speech and sky rocketing her career.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) Happier or sadder? Happier (minus the job situation).
b) Thinner or fatter? Fatter (for sure).
c) Richer or poorer? Poorer (I didn't think this was possible).

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
I wish I biked more. The abuse my taint receives while biking is a major deterrent though. I don't know how Lance Armstrong does it.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
I wish I ate less. Maybe I would have fit into my suit pants for Nanay's party had I done this.

21. How will you be spending New Years?
New Years will be hosted at my parents' house. I haven't spent NYE with the oldies in a few years so it should be fun (and noisy).

22. Did you fall in love in 2009?
You seent the Backagain album on Facebook.

23. How many one-night stands?
Do I look like a hozey to you? (Definition of hozey: a hoe and a floozy).

24. What was your favorite TV program?
It's a menagétie between "Entourage," "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" and "Hannah Montana." What? Y'all don't like "Entourage?"

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate last year?
"I hate all the orphans in the world!"

26. What was the best book you read?
Not Applicable.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Mayer Hawthorne's "A Strange Arrangement" and Wale's "Attention Deficit."

28. What did you want and get?
A Philip Rivers AFL 50th Anniversary jersey. I never wear it, I just look at it before I go to bed. Thanks booski!

29. What did you want and not get?
A Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi. I'm tryna step my digital photography game up since I don't have anything else to do.

30. What was your favorite film of the year?
"New Moon" was awesome. Al and Bing know what I'm talkin' about! Awooo!

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I spent my 24th birthday decked out in Clippers gear at a live taping of "The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien" with the BCFs. It was one of the best birthdays I've ever had, sans alcohol.

32. What would have made your year more satisfying?
A job (or at least an interview for Christ's sake). Stupid employers!

33. Describe your personal fashion concept in 2009.
Crowded. Slim-straight Levi's don't leave much room for the knots. Especially when they're fresh out the dryer.

34. What kept you sane?
My renewed connection with the Man upstairs. I never go to church but he always comes through when I ask him to.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Imma have to go with Jimmy Fallon on this one. Dude cracks me up and he rocks the freshest suits. #mancrush

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The election-related massacre that happened in the Philippines. What the hell is wrong with our peeps?

37. Who did you miss?
Kuya Virg. Just open a restaurant in California, beetch!

38. Who was the best new person you met?
Damon, Danica, Anthony James and Vinnie. I love those kids. And I love that I can hand 'em back to their parents when they start crying.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
You don't have to understand why something happened in order to accept it.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"I want the money, money and the cars, cars and the clothes. I suppose I just wanna be, I just wanna be successful." - Drake & Trey Songz

1 comment:

SEANtinuity said...

#28: Haha haven't worn mine either. I just talk to it and tell it how damn good it looks.

Post a Comment