1.10.2010

Bingo!

Q: What do you get when you mix hundreds of hillbillies with about 13 dozen Filipinos in a smokey room?

A: Bingo at San Manuel

I rarely get a chance to hang with my mom, so I decided to tag-along with her Saturday night for a rousing game of bingo. The games were intense as I hunched over my cards, dotter in hand, and listened for letters and numbers to get called out. We played for almost four hours because 80 people won one game and we had to wait for all their cards to be verified. Needless to say, out of the 80 people who won that game, my mom and I weren't among them. We didn't win shit the entire night, as a matter of fact. But 12 bucks and sitting in a chair for four hours is a small price to pay for the time I spent with my mom.

Happy birthday to Gary (aka Stop Workin' Out Already) and shout to my friend and fellow Chargers fan Regi. Sorry I missed your birthday party, Reg. I'll cheer with you in spirit Sunday afternoon when the Jets get shot down by the rocket launcher that is Philip Rivers' arm.

No comments:

Post a Comment