I had the pleasure of watching "Shutter Island" on Friday. I don't typically say movies are a "pleasure" to watch but it was worth the $8.50 that was deducted from my AMC gift card.
There's a lot of mixed feelings about "Shutter Island" because it's based off a book. I think people need to realize that books usually don't translate well into movies (i.e. The Da Vinci Code, The Indian in the Cupboard, etc).
The only reason why "Twilight" fans don't get pissed off about the movies is because good-looking actors play the main characters. If you ask any person who has the read the books to compare the two, they'll tell you the books are better.
There are three things that I really loved about "Shutter Island." The lighting. The music. And the editing.
Most of you will already know the outcome of the story in the first 15 minutes. But pay attention to the stuff I listed above. It'll make your movie viewing experience much more entertaining.
No comments:
Post a Comment