On a scale from 1 to 10, I'm 9.9 confident that I will not land the internship I interviewed for.
Ten days of silence went by before I decided to called them. After I introduced myself to the woman I've been in contact with for the past month, she quickly (but politely) asked if she could call me later in the afternoon.
She never called back.
So it's back to the drawing board. I foolishly stopped searching for jobs the day I interviewed for C&W. Unfortunately, things didn't work out the way I thought they would.
Negative thoughts about who I am and the stress of finding a job are starting to creep into my head again. Although my parents rarely say anything, I know they need me to start supporting myself. Hell, they needed me to support myself four years ago.
And then there's Kristie.
I can't thank her enough for her patience. Not once has she said anything about me failing to get a job. She's been very supportive of my decisions and always does her best to comfort me when I need it.
She's proud of me even though I'm not proud of myself. I'm lucky to have her by my side.
No comments:
Post a Comment