Today is June 1st. In 18 days the length of my unemployment will reach 1 year. And what a year it's been.
I never thought I'd be where I am today. When I graduated I had the whole world ahead of me. Little did I know that the world was a dark, dark place. The past six months have been especially hard on me. I just haven't enjoyed my life as much I used to. I lost faith in myself, I hid from my family and friends, and I even turned my back on God.
Late last night I decided that I don't want act the way I've been acting. I don't want to think the way I've been thinking. But I do want to take back the life that unemployment stole from me.
After a little soul searching I started to brainstorm ideas that would help me get back on track. My first idea was to shake up my environment. That's why I turned our walk-in closet into a ghetto-ass office.
It may seem like a stupid thing to do. But hopefully this new space I created for myself will help me get focused. It's just one of the many small steps I need to take so I can get my mind right.

No comments:
Post a Comment